Hello everyone! It’s Heidi here today and I have a cute and shimmery card to share with you using one of the new Woodland Buildables die set. The Frankie Fox die is the first die set I have used in the Woodland Buildables collection. I have to say I love how quick and easy it is to assemble these little critters.
Woodland Buildables Frankie Fox Die Set
Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basic Die Set
Entwinning Trellis Plush Peony Die Set
Cascading Pearls Stencil
Nuvo Sparkle Dust Rose Quartz
Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Dandelion Yellow
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Peony Pink
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Pink Flambe
Nuvo Embossing Powder Glacier White
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Nuvo Glue Pen Medium
Tangerine Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Tim Holtz 8.5 inch Trimmer
Floral Crafters Tool Set
Altenew Hello Gorgeous Clear Stamp Set
Copper Shimmer Paper
Quartz Shimmer Paper
Black Shimmer Paper
Pink Shimmer Paper and Cardstock
WOC Green/Baby Pink Leaves
To start die cut all of the different pieces for the fox. I used a quartz and copper shimmer paper. Be sure to save the packaging for the die template. Tonic has images of the dies on the inside of the package to let you know what each die is for–eyes, ears, body.
After all of the pieces were die cut then I started to assemble the fox. I used Nuvo deluxe adhesive to adhere all of the pieces. This is a fantastic glue, it has a quick grab and it dries clear. As you can see in the picture I originally cut a pink bow that I was going to use with the fox but I decided to use a flower instead.
For the card front I used the mixed edge rectangle layering basic die set. I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a scalloped edge and then I die cut a second layer using the straight edge die and shimmer pink paper. I wanted to add some texture and interest to the card front so I used the cascading pearls stencil and two colors of the Nuvo embellishment mousse, peony pink and pink flambe. I used some painted tape to hold the stencil in place and I used a palette knife to spread the mousse. The mousse is so nice and creamy and very easy to use with the stencils.
I used the entwinning trellis plush peony die set along with pink cardstock to create the flower. I used the Floral Crafters Tool Set to shape the flower and then I glued the layers together using the Nuvo deluxe adhesive. Next, I used the Nuvo glue pen medium and Nuvo sparkle dust rose quartz to add just a touch of sparkle to the flower. For the flower center I added a small drop of Nuvo crystal drops gloss dandelion yellow. I used versamark ink to stamp the sentiment on to a piece of black shimmer paper and then I heat embossed it using Nuvo embossing powder glacier white. I cut the ends of the paper to create a little banner.
To finish of the card I adhered everything to a black A2 top folding card base. I hope you enjoyed my card share and thanks so much for joining me today! I just love this little fox die, it’s a cute little critter and fun for all ages.
Summer weddings will be here before we know it and so today I am sharing how to make a gorgeous layered wedding card with new Tonic Studio dies, stamps and Nuvo products which will be available soon for purchase from your favorite retailer.
Supplies used to make this project:
Here are the directions how to make a layered wedding card like this one:
- Cut a white cardbase 6½” by 10½” and fold in half. Cut three more white pieces of cardstock 6½” by 5¼” and die cut rectangle openings in successive sizes with Tonic Studio’s Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering dies.
- Layer the pieces of white cardstock on the folded cardbase with the smallest rectangle hole first. Attach each with temporary tape to hold in place.
- On a glass mat such as Tonic’s 465 model or a craft mat, mix yellow color from the new Nuvo Lemon Zest Aqua Flow Pen and gold glitter from the Nuvo Gold Glitter Marker to form a golden yellow color. Wrinkle up a piece of cling wrap, pick up some of the golden yellow color and pat it on the 4 layers randomly.
- Take the layers apart and stamp “forever” on the bottom cardbase. Put pop dots on the three layered frames and attach each starting with the smallest rectangle opening to the largest.
- Die cut the First Dance couple and frames out of white and black cardstock. Glue together and attach on the side of the bottom layer.
- Die cut two leafy trellis pieces with the Buttercup Sunburst Window Box Die Set and attach with glue to the bottom and top of the layered cardfront. TIP: Try looking at your die cuts differently then the sample shown on the packaging. These dies are sold to make window box (or bendi fold) cards, but I used them to make the beautiful trellis top and bottom of the card front and also on the inside of the card.
- Cut several sizes of the Bellus Buttercup flowers out of yellow tissue paper. Crinkle the tissue paper for dimension and put a brad through them to hold the flower together. Sponge some gold glitter marker on the edges and color the brad with Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops. Here’s a close up of the golden yellow color created with this combination of the Nuvo products:
8. For the inside of the card, die cut another leafy trellis and color it with the Lemon Zest Aqua Flow Pen. TIP: Adding soft color is so easy using Nuvo’s brand new Aqua Flow Pens. I suggest that you start pushing some color from the aqua pens out onto a glass mat or craft mat, then use the brush to pick up the color and paint on the piece directly. This will help prevent any unwanted blobs of color on your card or project.
9. Die cut the Congratulations sentiment and attach with Nuvo glue.
Hello friends! It’s Debbie here to share with you a bright and colorful card today. I love the color combo in this patterned paper and knew it would make such a cute card.
To make this card, cut the apple cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″. Fold it at 5 1/2″ to create the base for the card. Cut a piece of the patterned paper to 4 x 5 1/4″. Cut a piece of white cardstock and run it through the Tangerine Machine with the Simple Stripes. Adhere the embossed white cardstock onto the patterned paper panel. Cut two strips of patterned paper and use scissors to add the banner detail on one edge of each.
Stamp the sentiment and frame onto some white cardstock. Fussy cut the frame out and add some crystal drops.
This card is super simple and quick to create! Plus it’s has such fun colors!
Thanks for stopping by!
Today I am sharing another sneak peek at some brand new Tonic and Nuvo products and an interactive card design called a double slider card. I made this double slider card featuring Harry Hedgehog for my grandson.
Supplies I used to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this double slider spring card:
- For the specifics on how to make a double slider card, please refer to the tutorial I found here. After cutting the pieces according to the tutorial, attach the patterned paper piece to the front of the card. Die cut Harry Hedgehog’s pieces out of various colors of cardstock and patterned pieces. Glue him together and use mounting tape to some parts for dimension.
2. A strip of plastic grocery bag is attached per the tutorial and that is what causes the top and bottom pieces of the double slider to open when the ribbon is pulled.
3. Print the words of the spring greeting on yellow paper. Die cut “Awesome” from the Awesome, Cool and Sweet die set and attach.
4. Stamp the swirl from the new Sending Big Hugs Whimsical Frame Set and highlight the swirls and “Awesome” with the new super sparkly Nuvo orange and green Glitter Markers.
5. Attach the yellow sentiment pieces to the top and bottom sliders.
6. Punch a semi-circle in the top of the slider front and staple on a ribbon. The ribbon will be pulled over and over by the delighted recipient as Harry Hedgehog wishes him a Happy Spring. I made mine for my grandson and he loved it.
Happy Spring everyone!
Hello friends! It’s Debbie here today to share with you a fun Thank You card ensemble. I don’t know about you but Thank You Cards are always in demand at my house. So when I start making one thank you card, I think it’s best to make a whole stack to keep on hand! Here are my thank you cards.
- To begin this project, cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2″. Fold this in half to create the card base. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of rose cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4. Position the Rose Garden Invite Insert Set inside the Cherish the Moment die.
- Using the Tangerine Machine, die cut the rose cardstock. Apply this die cut to the white cardstock panel using the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
- Tie ribbon around this panel.
- Cut a small panel of white cardstock and stamp the rose images from the Bunched Bouquet-Modern Buttonhole Stamp set. Stamp the “thank you” sentiment from the Best Friends Forever Whimsical Frames Set. Adhere the panel into place.
- Adhere this panel onto the card base.
- Add some pearl accents using the Ivory Seashell Crystal Drops.
It’s easy to create 4 cards just like this one so you will have plenty of Thank You cards for a few weeks!
Thanks for stopping by today!
I have a fun baby shower card to share using a paper piecing technique to add color and interest to a single layer die.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
- Cut carriage base layer from plain white card stock
- Cut 2nd layer from printed card stock to use in voids
- Cut mirror card stock and trim off canopy
- Glue white carriage to your background
- Glue printed pieces in the voids (like putting together a puzzle)
- Glue mirror pieces on top to resemble the metal pieces of the carriage
- Hand cut additional layers of bows and pop up with foam adhesive
- Accent with Nuvo Crystal Drops for added dimension
I hope you will try this simple technique!