Fall is my favorite time of year – yes I am that predictable. I am one of those that adores a PSL, boots with warm socks, a walk in the leaves, and a fire in the fireplace. I absolutely look forward to the color change, the crispness in the air, and Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday. There’s no pressure to buy gifts, the right gifts, for people. It is truly just about family and friends and being grateful for everything in our lives. It is a day that I truly enjoy and I look forward to each year. That means that creating fall projects is another favorite thing for me to do. Decorating for the fall is so much fun!
This card was a blast to make – it mixes my love of fall, my deep love of painting and art, plus cardmaking – it is a perfect project for someone like me!
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Summer Holiday – 892N
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Autumn Woodland – 890N
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Glitter Gloss – 888N
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Water Brushes – 889N
- Essentials – Easy Clean Mat – 1514E
- Super Trimmer – 604 (153E)
- Autumn Die Collection – Fallen Leaves – 1433E
- Autumn Die Collection – September Harvest – 1432E
- Autumn Die Collection – Autumnal Oak – 1431E
- Autumn Die Collection – Pinecone Season – 1430E
- Tonic Threaded Scallop Square – discontinued
- Tangerine Machine With Plates 138E
- Crafters Card Creaser – 1670E
- Nuvo – Light Mist Spray Bottle 2 Pack – 849N
- Funky Tape Runner – 422E
- Watercolor paper
- Alphabet stickers
- Sticker adhesive
How to put it together:
Trim your base card cardstock to 12″x6″
Trim another coordinating piece to 5″x5″
Then die cut a square that fits into that 5″x5″
Die cut leaves, acorn, and pine cone out of watercolor paper.
Here is the link to the video on how I painted these in case you’re interested: ***video***
Drop a few small drops of the aqua flow colors onto your craft mat.
Use your water brush and add water to your leaf.
Carefully pick up some orange and add that all over.
Next add a little bit of red to the veins.
Spritz with water to meld colors a bit and dab with a paper towel.
Add brown to the edges and splatters across the leaf itself.
Then cover in glitter gloss.
Paint acorn and pine cone with varying shades of brown. Use water to dilute color to change variations.
Add glitter gloss.
Allow it all to dry.
Fold card to a 6″x6″ card.
Adhere cardstock and die cut patterned paper piece.
Run dried pieces through sticker maker and add to the front of the card.
Add sentiment to the card front.
Hopefully you’ll be inspired to watercolor more fall bits!!!