Hello everyone! It’s Heidi here today and I have a cute and shimmery card to share with you using one of the new Woodland Buildables die set. The Frankie Fox die is the first die set I have used in the Woodland Buildables collection. I have to say I love how quick and easy it is to assemble these little critters.
Woodland Buildables Frankie Fox Die Set
Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basic Die Set
Entwinning Trellis Plush Peony Die Set
Cascading Pearls Stencil
Nuvo Sparkle Dust Rose Quartz
Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Dandelion Yellow
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Peony Pink
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Pink Flambe
Nuvo Embossing Powder Glacier White
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Nuvo Glue Pen Medium
Tangerine Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Tim Holtz 8.5 inch Trimmer
Floral Crafters Tool Set
Altenew Hello Gorgeous Clear Stamp Set
Copper Shimmer Paper
Quartz Shimmer Paper
Black Shimmer Paper
Pink Shimmer Paper and Cardstock
WOC Green/Baby Pink Leaves
To start die cut all of the different pieces for the fox. I used a quartz and copper shimmer paper. Be sure to save the packaging for the die template. Tonic has images of the dies on the inside of the package to let you know what each die is for–eyes, ears, body.
After all of the pieces were die cut then I started to assemble the fox. I used Nuvo deluxe adhesive to adhere all of the pieces. This is a fantastic glue, it has a quick grab and it dries clear. As you can see in the picture I originally cut a pink bow that I was going to use with the fox but I decided to use a flower instead.
For the card front I used the mixed edge rectangle layering basic die set. I die cut a piece of white cardstock with a scalloped edge and then I die cut a second layer using the straight edge die and shimmer pink paper. I wanted to add some texture and interest to the card front so I used the cascading pearls stencil and two colors of the Nuvo embellishment mousse, peony pink and pink flambe. I used some painted tape to hold the stencil in place and I used a palette knife to spread the mousse. The mousse is so nice and creamy and very easy to use with the stencils.
I used the entwinning trellis plush peony die set along with pink cardstock to create the flower. I used the Floral Crafters Tool Set to shape the flower and then I glued the layers together using the Nuvo deluxe adhesive. Next, I used the Nuvo glue pen medium and Nuvo sparkle dust rose quartz to add just a touch of sparkle to the flower. For the flower center I added a small drop of Nuvo crystal drops gloss dandelion yellow. I used versamark ink to stamp the sentiment on to a piece of black shimmer paper and then I heat embossed it using Nuvo embossing powder glacier white. I cut the ends of the paper to create a little banner.
To finish of the card I adhered everything to a black A2 top folding card base. I hope you enjoyed my card share and thanks so much for joining me today! I just love this little fox die, it’s a cute little critter and fun for all ages.
Today I am sharing another sneak peek at some brand new Tonic and Nuvo products and an interactive card design called a double slider card. I made this double slider card featuring Harry Hedgehog for my grandson.
Supplies I used to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this double slider spring card:
- For the specifics on how to make a double slider card, please refer to the tutorial I found here. After cutting the pieces according to the tutorial, attach the patterned paper piece to the front of the card. Die cut Harry Hedgehog’s pieces out of various colors of cardstock and patterned pieces. Glue him together and use mounting tape to some parts for dimension.
2. A strip of plastic grocery bag is attached per the tutorial and that is what causes the top and bottom pieces of the double slider to open when the ribbon is pulled.
3. Print the words of the spring greeting on yellow paper. Die cut “Awesome” from the Awesome, Cool and Sweet die set and attach.
4. Stamp the swirl from the new Sending Big Hugs Whimsical Frame Set and highlight the swirls and “Awesome” with the new super sparkly Nuvo orange and green Glitter Markers.
5. Attach the yellow sentiment pieces to the top and bottom sliders.
6. Punch a semi-circle in the top of the slider front and staple on a ribbon. The ribbon will be pulled over and over by the delighted recipient as Harry Hedgehog wishes him a Happy Spring. I made mine for my grandson and he loved it.
Happy Spring everyone!
Hello Friends! Spring is finally here and the days are getting warmer here in California. Flowers are blooming everywhere and it always inspires me to make paper flowers. This card was created with the beautiful Invite Insert die sets which coordinate with each other and for the flowers I used Hello Sweetie Pie stamp and die set.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Metallic White Cardstock, Silver Foil Cardstock.
1. Create a 5 ½” x 5 ½” card base from silver foil cardstock. Cut 2 smaller layers from orange and metallic white cardstock, adhere layers to card with Funky Tape Runner.
2. Die cut decorative panels from silver foil cardstock with Beautiful Banner, Archway Stripe and Rose Garden Invite Insert Die Sets. Glue decorative panels to left side of card with Funky Glue Pen.
3. Stamp banner with Wedding & Party stamp set, then die cut with coordinating die from Beautiful Banner die set. Glue banner to center of card.
4. Die cut flowers with flower die from Whimsical Frames Hello Sweetie-Pie. Color flowers with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Orange Blush, Royal Aubergine and Pink Flambe colors.
5. Die cut leaves with Arboreal Dream die set, color with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Spring Green. Glue leaves on the right side of card and then glue flowers on top of leaves.
6. Embellish center of flowers and also around flowers with Nuvo Glitter Drops.
Have a great day!
Hello Friends! Smitha here with a fun way to use your Nuvo Jewel Drops to create an easy colorful card!
Supplies you will need:
I am making a standard card today that measures 4.25 by 5.5 inches in size. I started by stamping my sentiment in the centre with a black ink.
Next, I placed my stencil on top. I like to hold my stencil in place by attaching some tacky tapes at all the corners. I also attached some tape right over my stamped sentiment. It is easy to see the sentiment through the stencil and mask it in this manner.
Next I squeezed out a my Nuvo Crystal Drop colors on top of the stencil. You don’t need much of the drops- I actually squeezed a bit too much in the photo below.
Then using a palette knife, I gently smoothed the crystal drops into the stencil. I like to move from the top to bottom and this way the colors mix slightly along the way.
I carefully lifted off the stencil and I love the confetti like texture and shimmer these crystal drops give!
I hope you give this technique a try! It’s super fun!
These cute Easter boxes are so much fun to make, you can fill them up with chocolate Easter eggs for a special treat. And, there are so many different variations that you can create with just a few simple changes that the options are infinite.
1. Die cut box using Graceful Marquee Gift Box Die Set and paper of your choice. Using a sponge or brush color box base with Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
2. Die cut decorative panels and color with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. I used Peony Pink, Lilac Lavender and Fresh Copper. Glue decorative panels to the box with Funky Glue pen.
3. Assemble box by gluing at the tabs and folding scored lines. Use ribbon to close box and then make a bow.
4. You can also use Easter designer paper to decorate the box or make a cute bunny with Betty Bunny die set. To make the bunny die cut Betty Bunny using metallic cardstock in pink, gray and white. Assemble bunny as pictured and then adhere to front of box with foam squares. Glue craft eyes to bunny using Funky Glue Pen.
Have a great day!
Hello friends! I know it’s just a little early to be working on Mother’s Day cards, but with the winter weather rearing it’s ugly head, I thought it would help my spring fever to create a spring-type card!
Tonic Studios Brush Script pens work great to watercolor images using a water pen and some watercolor paper. To use these markers with the water pen, it works really great to color them onto a palette of some kind. Here they are colored onto an acrylic block.
By mixing the green and yellow colors together, you can achieve different shades of green for the image.
After coloring the leaves, use the coral color directly onto the paper and then go back in using the water pen to blend the darker color into a lighter color.
By stamping the flower image onto the 4 corners of watercolor paper, you can create your own patterned paper for this card. Once the image panels are dry, you can use the Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basics Die set to die cut them to the perfect sizes.
Adding Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the flower image adds some dimension and shine.
Here is a closer look……
Thanks for stopping by today!
I was thinking about Easter decorations recently, and I decided candy gift boxes made with Tonic Studio’s Multi-Sided Lantern Box would be perfect on my holiday table. The die and the many versatile Nuvo products made this table favor easy and fun to make.
Supplies needed to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this Easter table favor:
- Die cut 5 lantern side pieces and one bottom piece out of teal blue heavyweight cardstock
- Die cut a round window in two of the side pieces and all the top triangle pieces.
- Fold on all scored lines and apply two sided tape to one side fold and the bottom fold of each piece. Form the box attaching the sides together and then each side to the bottom.
- Die cut three white ovals for Easter eggs. Emboss the first with the Modern Chevron Embossing Folder. Apply Peony Pink and Spring Green Embellishment Mousse with a Tim Holtz Distress Tool and sponges to color the Easter egg. Embellish with Key Lime and Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops and let dry. Adhere to the box on one of the uncut sides.
- Apply Tanzanite Lavender Glimmer Paste through Tonic’s Bevelled Diamond Stencil on the second Easter egg with a stencil knife. Remove the stencil, wash thoroughly and let the glimmer paste dry. Embellish with Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops. Adhere to the box.
- Die cut the Perfect Posies Corner Die out of a sheet of Sookang two sided tape. Remove the bottom adhesive and adhere to the third Easter egg. Remove the top adhesive and dump on Paradise Blue Sparkle Dust ultra-fine glitter and burnish in. Adhere the last egg to the Easter box and add some Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to embellish.
- Put some Easter grass and lots of Easter candy inside the box. Tie a ribbon through the top triangular tabs to close the Easter table candy gift box.
I think my family will love opening and enjoying these Easter table favors on Easter Sunday. I had fun making this one and am off to make some more.