My daughter is getting married in June and I wanted to create a scrapbook layout using one of the engagement pictures. I wanted my layout to be fairly flat so that it could easily be displayed in a frame, but would still go into a scrapbook. Using Tonic Studios Embellishment Mousse, Nuvo Jewels drops and Tonic Studios dies helped me achieve the look I was hoping for!
Here are the supplies I used:
- Falling Diamonds 6×6 Stencil
- Miniature Moments Set With Love Die
- Classic Quatrefoil Patterned Panels die
- Nuvo Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse
- Nuvo Rosewater Jewel Drops
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Tim Holtz 5″ Snips
- Tim Holtz Thread Cutter – Paper Distresser
- Super Trimmer
- Dymo Label Maker
- Maja Designs – Summertime Collection patterned paper
- 3d foam tape
- kraft cardstock
- Use the Super Trimmer to cut out the middle portion of the base patterned paper. This is a great paper saving technique when there is limited patterned paper for your layout.
2. Distress and tear edges to create interest for the second layer of the layout. Use a sponge dauber to apply Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse around the outside edges.
3. Using the Failing Diamonds 6×6 Stencil and a palette knife, apply the Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse directly to the layout and allow to dry.
4. Die cut kraft cardstock using the Classic Quatrefoil Patterned Panels die. Use the paper snips to trim the die cut to fit into the corners of the layout and adhere into place.
5. Die cut the Sent with Love die from kraft cardstock. Use the 5″ snips to cut off the “sent with” portion of the die so that it now only reads “love”. Use sponge to apply Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse all over this die cut.
6. Free hand cut a heart from some matching patterned paper. Sponge and distress edges to match the layout. Adhere onto layout.
7. Adhere the “love” sentiment die cut into place as shown.
8. Mat the picture onto a piece of the patterned paper that was saved from the base piece. Adhere to the layout using foam tape.
9. Cut flowers from the paper collection to add to the layout for added interest.
10. Apply Rosewater Jewel Drops onto layout.
Here is a closer look at my layout.
Another look at the layout…….
Have a great day!