Hello Friends! Marisa here with a Happy Halloween Treat Box to share with you. I had a great time creating this box with the Cupcake & Treat Box Die Set from Tonic and their new Halloween dies.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Purple and black cardstock, 3D Foam Creative Sheets by Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L, black silk ribbon.
1. Die cut box with Cupcake & Treat Box Die Set from purple cardstock. Assemble box by gluing at the tabs with Funky Glue Pen. Die cut larger tag in the set from purple cardstock.
2. Die cut Happy Halloween, Pumpkin Scene, and Haunted House as follows.
3. Die cut solid background or outer part of the die from black 3D foam creative sheets and the inner part of the die from black cardstock.
4. Apply Happy Halloween, Pumpkin Scene, and Haunted House black die cuts to the adhesive foam sheet backgrounds. Cover sticky areas with Nuvo Spiced Apricot Pure Sheen Glitter.
5. Peel off Adhesive foam backing and apply to box front and back as pictured below.
6. Die cut Boo!, Best Witches and Trick or Treat from black cardstock. Glue to sides of box and tag.
7. Close box using black silk ribbon and make a bow.
You can fill your decorated box with Halloween treats of your choice.
Have a great day!
I have a friend who’s birthday is July 4th and I always enjoy making a red, white & blue themed card for her every year. So, when I received the Tonic Celebrations Cake die recently, I knew I would use it to make her card this year.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Designer cardstock, white cardstock, paper doily, black ink.
1. Create a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” card base from white cardstock.
2. Cut the largest rectangle in Layering Basics – Mixed Edge Rectangles from designer cardstock, adhere to center of card.
3. Cut a coordinating cardstock piece at 4″ x 2-1/4″ and adhere across the lower center part of card front.
4. Cut Celebration Cake die in 3 colors of choice and piece together.
5. Color candle flames with Glitter Markers in Ember Glow.
6. Cut various sizes of Stars and layer.
7. Add accents with Nuvo Crystal Drops.
8. Finish off with a stamped sentiment of choice.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hello Crafty friends! Today I am sharing a fun way to glitter up your cardmaking! These cards would be perfect for any wedding themed occasion.
I started by trimming my cardstock to measure 5 by 3.5 inches. When folded each place card will measure 2.5 by 3.5 inches in size. Next step is to add the glitter! This is super easy to do, just add glue to the edges of the card and then sprinkle with the glitter. The Nuvo pure sheen glitter comes in a great array of colors, but this soft gold one is my favorite!Next I went ahead and die cut a bunch of labels using the Essentials Big Scallop Layering Basics Die set. I simply love the scalloped edge of this die and thought it would be perfect to use here. I then trimmed each label in the middle to create two halves.Onto each half label you then add your guest ‘s names. You can print the name or have a calligrapher hand letter them for you. Then using a strong tape adhesive, adhere the label onto the glittered card base. The finished place cards look simple yet shiny! The contrast between the plain cardstock and the glitter really catches the eye. You can easily make a bunch of these in one afternoon. And this would be great craft to do with a friend- one of you adds the glue and the other adds the glitter.
This photo really doesn’t do complete justice to the glitter. In real life it is super soft and shimmery something that is tough to capture on camera.
Thanks for crafting with me today!
Hello Friends! Smitha here with a fun way to use your Nuvo Jewel Drops to create an easy colorful card!
Supplies you will need:
I am making a standard card today that measures 4.25 by 5.5 inches in size. I started by stamping my sentiment in the centre with a black ink.
Next, I placed my stencil on top. I like to hold my stencil in place by attaching some tacky tapes at all the corners. I also attached some tape right over my stamped sentiment. It is easy to see the sentiment through the stencil and mask it in this manner.
Next I squeezed out a my Nuvo Crystal Drop colors on top of the stencil. You don’t need much of the drops- I actually squeezed a bit too much in the photo below.
Then using a palette knife, I gently smoothed the crystal drops into the stencil. I like to move from the top to bottom and this way the colors mix slightly along the way.
I carefully lifted off the stencil and I love the confetti like texture and shimmer these crystal drops give!
I hope you give this technique a try! It’s super fun!
These cute Easter boxes are so much fun to make, you can fill them up with chocolate Easter eggs for a special treat. And, there are so many different variations that you can create with just a few simple changes that the options are infinite.
1. Die cut box using Graceful Marquee Gift Box Die Set and paper of your choice. Using a sponge or brush color box base with Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
2. Die cut decorative panels and color with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. I used Peony Pink, Lilac Lavender and Fresh Copper. Glue decorative panels to the box with Funky Glue pen.
3. Assemble box by gluing at the tabs and folding scored lines. Use ribbon to close box and then make a bow.
4. You can also use Easter designer paper to decorate the box or make a cute bunny with Betty Bunny die set. To make the bunny die cut Betty Bunny using metallic cardstock in pink, gray and white. Assemble bunny as pictured and then adhere to front of box with foam squares. Glue craft eyes to bunny using Funky Glue Pen.
Have a great day!
I was thinking about Easter decorations recently, and I decided candy gift boxes made with Tonic Studio’s Multi-Sided Lantern Box would be perfect on my holiday table. The die and the many versatile Nuvo products made this table favor easy and fun to make.
Supplies needed to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this Easter table favor:
- Die cut 5 lantern side pieces and one bottom piece out of teal blue heavyweight cardstock
- Die cut a round window in two of the side pieces and all the top triangle pieces.
- Fold on all scored lines and apply two sided tape to one side fold and the bottom fold of each piece. Form the box attaching the sides together and then each side to the bottom.
- Die cut three white ovals for Easter eggs. Emboss the first with the Modern Chevron Embossing Folder. Apply Peony Pink and Spring Green Embellishment Mousse with a Tim Holtz Distress Tool and sponges to color the Easter egg. Embellish with Key Lime and Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops and let dry. Adhere to the box on one of the uncut sides.
- Apply Tanzanite Lavender Glimmer Paste through Tonic’s Bevelled Diamond Stencil on the second Easter egg with a stencil knife. Remove the stencil, wash thoroughly and let the glimmer paste dry. Embellish with Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops. Adhere to the box.
- Die cut the Perfect Posies Corner Die out of a sheet of Sookang two sided tape. Remove the bottom adhesive and adhere to the third Easter egg. Remove the top adhesive and dump on Paradise Blue Sparkle Dust ultra-fine glitter and burnish in. Adhere the last egg to the Easter box and add some Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to embellish.
- Put some Easter grass and lots of Easter candy inside the box. Tie a ribbon through the top triangular tabs to close the Easter table candy gift box.
I think my family will love opening and enjoying these Easter table favors on Easter Sunday. I had fun making this one and am off to make some more.
When embellishing gift bags, I like to keep it simple but the end result still needs to add a little drama. Because if you are decorating gift bags for a party, you will have a bunch of them to make and keeping the process simple speeds things along. Using the Layering Butterfly die set is perfect for such occasions!
I start by die cutting butterflies using the Layering Butterfly die set. When I have my Tangerine Machine out I like to die cut more than I need for a project, that way I always have a few extra beautiful die cuts to make a quick matching tag or card.
Now comes the easy part. Simple adhere the butterflies one atop another and to create a stunning dimensional butterfly! I love how easy it is to make these!
As a final touch, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss to add small tiny circles in the centre of each butterfly. And the bags are ready for the guests!
Another way to add these butterflies to larger paper bags, is by first decorating the bag top with a paper doily. This gives a great frame like area for you to add the butterflies.
Again I layer the butterflies, this time I added a gold butterfly as one of the layers to add a little shine to the bag.
To finish off these bags I used a soft pink shade of Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss in Bubblegum shade to add dimension and gloss to the centre of each butterfly.
Now come party day, I simply fill the bags with treats, fold the top of the paper bag down and these pretty embellished gift bags are ready to go!
These are a few simple ideas to embellish gift bags for your spring parties. You could take this idea a step further and make matching cards, tags, banners etc using the same Layering Butterfly die set. Wouldn’t that be fun?