Hello Friends! This is such a cute box die set, very simple and fun project to make. I was able to fit 2 Nuvo Crystal Drops bottles in this box for a present for one of my friends.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Teal Metallic Cardstock, White Cardstock, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Adhesive Sheets, Pink Silk Ribbon, Sponge Dauber.
1. Die cut Cupcake & Treat Box base from teal metallic cardstock. You need to die cut 2 pieces for the box base.
2. Die cut decorative pieces from white cardstock. Color with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. I used 3 colors, Royal Aubergine, Pink Flambe and Orange Blush. I also used a sponge dauber to mix colors together.
3. Die cut decorative background pieces from white cardstock and double adhesive sheet. Adhere colored decorative pieces to adhesive background pieces and then cover exposed sticky areas with Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter.
4. Adhere decorative pieces to box with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive glue. Assemble box by folding scored lines and gluing at the tabs.
5. Die cut small tag from die set. Tie box together with a ribbon.
Thanks for visiting!
Hello Friends! I have another card to share with you created with Tonic’s gorgeous die sets called Fanciful Florals for the borders and Beautiful Blooms for the flowers.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Designer cardstock, white cardstock, chalk ink in blue and green, silk ribbon.
1. Create a 6” x 6” card base from white cardstock. Cover card front with 3 layers of designer cardstock.
2. Cut a 5 ½” x 2 ½” piece of designer cardstock, adhere to center of card.
3. Die cut Happy Anniversary from white cardstock. Glue sentiment to center of card using Funky Glue Pen.
4. Die cut Fanciful Floral strips from white cardstock. Glue to sentiment panel as pictured.
5. Die cut multiple flowers and leaves using Beautiful Blooms from white Foamiran. Color with chalk ink, shape with Floral Crafters tool set and then glue to card.
6. Create bow with white silk ribbon and glue under flower.
Have a great day!
Today I am sharing another sneak peek at some brand new Tonic and Nuvo products and an interactive card design called a double slider card. I made this double slider card featuring Harry Hedgehog for my grandson.
Supplies I used to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this double slider spring card:
- For the specifics on how to make a double slider card, please refer to the tutorial I found here. After cutting the pieces according to the tutorial, attach the patterned paper piece to the front of the card. Die cut Harry Hedgehog’s pieces out of various colors of cardstock and patterned pieces. Glue him together and use mounting tape to some parts for dimension.
2. A strip of plastic grocery bag is attached per the tutorial and that is what causes the top and bottom pieces of the double slider to open when the ribbon is pulled.
3. Print the words of the spring greeting on yellow paper. Die cut “Awesome” from the Awesome, Cool and Sweet die set and attach.
4. Stamp the swirl from the new Sending Big Hugs Whimsical Frame Set and highlight the swirls and “Awesome” with the new super sparkly Nuvo orange and green Glitter Markers.
5. Attach the yellow sentiment pieces to the top and bottom sliders.
6. Punch a semi-circle in the top of the slider front and staple on a ribbon. The ribbon will be pulled over and over by the delighted recipient as Harry Hedgehog wishes him a Happy Spring. I made mine for my grandson and he loved it.
Happy Spring everyone!
These cute Easter boxes are so much fun to make, you can fill them up with chocolate Easter eggs for a special treat. And, there are so many different variations that you can create with just a few simple changes that the options are infinite.
1. Die cut box using Graceful Marquee Gift Box Die Set and paper of your choice. Using a sponge or brush color box base with Pure Platinum Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
2. Die cut decorative panels and color with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. I used Peony Pink, Lilac Lavender and Fresh Copper. Glue decorative panels to the box with Funky Glue pen.
3. Assemble box by gluing at the tabs and folding scored lines. Use ribbon to close box and then make a bow.
4. You can also use Easter designer paper to decorate the box or make a cute bunny with Betty Bunny die set. To make the bunny die cut Betty Bunny using metallic cardstock in pink, gray and white. Assemble bunny as pictured and then adhere to front of box with foam squares. Glue craft eyes to bunny using Funky Glue Pen.
Have a great day!
I was thinking about Easter decorations recently, and I decided candy gift boxes made with Tonic Studio’s Multi-Sided Lantern Box would be perfect on my holiday table. The die and the many versatile Nuvo products made this table favor easy and fun to make.
Supplies needed to make this project:
Here are the steps I used to create this Easter table favor:
- Die cut 5 lantern side pieces and one bottom piece out of teal blue heavyweight cardstock
- Die cut a round window in two of the side pieces and all the top triangle pieces.
- Fold on all scored lines and apply two sided tape to one side fold and the bottom fold of each piece. Form the box attaching the sides together and then each side to the bottom.
- Die cut three white ovals for Easter eggs. Emboss the first with the Modern Chevron Embossing Folder. Apply Peony Pink and Spring Green Embellishment Mousse with a Tim Holtz Distress Tool and sponges to color the Easter egg. Embellish with Key Lime and Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops and let dry. Adhere to the box on one of the uncut sides.
- Apply Tanzanite Lavender Glimmer Paste through Tonic’s Bevelled Diamond Stencil on the second Easter egg with a stencil knife. Remove the stencil, wash thoroughly and let the glimmer paste dry. Embellish with Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops. Adhere to the box.
- Die cut the Perfect Posies Corner Die out of a sheet of Sookang two sided tape. Remove the bottom adhesive and adhere to the third Easter egg. Remove the top adhesive and dump on Paradise Blue Sparkle Dust ultra-fine glitter and burnish in. Adhere the last egg to the Easter box and add some Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to embellish.
- Put some Easter grass and lots of Easter candy inside the box. Tie a ribbon through the top triangular tabs to close the Easter table candy gift box.
I think my family will love opening and enjoying these Easter table favors on Easter Sunday. I had fun making this one and am off to make some more.
Hello friends! Today I have this vintage card to share with you. I absolutely love this die set called Greek Temple Square Layering Die Set. I usually color my flowers with distress inks, but today I tried Nuvo Embellishment Mousse and I was pretty happy with the shimmer look on the flowers.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Blue Fern Studios – Tranquility Paper Collection, Neenah Papers – natural white and green cardstock, foam tape.
1. Create a 6” x 6” card base from natural white cardstock. Die cut 3 decorative frames using Greek Temple Square Layering die set from designer cardstock.
2. Color edges of frame with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Cosmic Brown for a vintage look. Layer decorative frames on card using foam tape for dimension.
3. Die cut sentiment with Enjoy Today die from natural white cardstock and then adhere to center of card using Funky Glue Pen.
4. Die cut flowers with Bellus Buttercup die set from natural white cardstock. Color edges of flowers with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Cosmic Brown and Bubblegum Blush using a sponge dauber. Shape flowers with Floral Crafters Tool Set. Layer petals with Funky Glue Pen to form flowers and then adhere to card. Embellish center of flowers with Nuvo Crystal Drops.
5. Die cut leaves with Acorn Swirl die from green cardstock. Glue leaves under flowers.
Have a great day!
When embellishing gift bags, I like to keep it simple but the end result still needs to add a little drama. Because if you are decorating gift bags for a party, you will have a bunch of them to make and keeping the process simple speeds things along. Using the Layering Butterfly die set is perfect for such occasions!
I start by die cutting butterflies using the Layering Butterfly die set. When I have my Tangerine Machine out I like to die cut more than I need for a project, that way I always have a few extra beautiful die cuts to make a quick matching tag or card.
Now comes the easy part. Simple adhere the butterflies one atop another and to create a stunning dimensional butterfly! I love how easy it is to make these!
As a final touch, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss to add small tiny circles in the centre of each butterfly. And the bags are ready for the guests!
Another way to add these butterflies to larger paper bags, is by first decorating the bag top with a paper doily. This gives a great frame like area for you to add the butterflies.
Again I layer the butterflies, this time I added a gold butterfly as one of the layers to add a little shine to the bag.
To finish off these bags I used a soft pink shade of Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss in Bubblegum shade to add dimension and gloss to the centre of each butterfly.
Now come party day, I simply fill the bags with treats, fold the top of the paper bag down and these pretty embellished gift bags are ready to go!
These are a few simple ideas to embellish gift bags for your spring parties. You could take this idea a step further and make matching cards, tags, banners etc using the same Layering Butterfly die set. Wouldn’t that be fun?