Hello friends! Smitha here with a new tutorial today – I am going back to basics and cutting paper to make flowers and leaves and it is so much fun to do!!
Today I felt like doing a bit of watercoloring, but I also wanted to use these pretty colors of Nuvo Embelllishment Mousse. So I just added a dab of the mousse onto my paper and then using a wet paint brush, I spread that color around. This gives a nice watery look with the shimmer of the mousse. So pretty!
Using a sharp pair of scissors, I then free handed a few leaf shapes.
Next I cut out spirals of circles to make tiny flowers.
I rolled the circles to form a flower shape. Such an old trick but still so cute!
For the sentiment, I chose Birthday themed ones from a few clear stamp sets
I stamped the sentiments onto my tag first using the Stamping Platform.
I adhered all the flowers in place and then finished off the tags with Nuvo drop centers. This adds such a nice glossy effect.
I badly needed a few birthday tags for gifts and now I am set with three!
What if your favorite kind of paper flower to make? Let me know in the comments below! Happy Crafting!
It’s so easy to turn any solid color card stock into a bold background when you layer with this die from Neat and Tangled! It can turn a simple sentiment into a bold statement.
Start by creating your card base with your choice of color. Run your contrasting color of card stock through the Tangerine and attach with the Nuvo glue pen. For my sentiment I stamped the Hooray, also from Neat and Tangled. This stamp set does have a coordinating die, but if you don’t have it you can fussy cut with the ultra detail scissors. Attach some foam squares to make your sentiment stand out.
For extra embellishment I added some sequins with a little deluxe adhesive, followed by some Nuvo drops in various sizes.
Every card could use a little glitter, so I grabbed my glitter gloss pen to add some shimmer to the butterfly wings.
Inside the card I stamped the matching sentiment from the Hooray stamp set.
Hooray! I had so much fun using this background die. I can’t wait to make more!
Make your own pattern to create a great holiday themed birthday card! Using the stamping platform makes it easy to create any pattern easily!
I started by trimming my cardstock to measure 4.25 by 5.5 inches to be my card front using the Super Trimmer. This is my current favorite trimmer, so easy to use!
Mount your stamp onto the Tim Holtz Stamping platform, ink the circle and stamp. Then move the card base up or left by 1 inch and stamp again, this time with a different colored stamp.
Keeping moving the cardstock by 1 inch and stamping. Stamping and creating a fun pattern like this with two colors of ink is so much fun with this platform! You can mix and match stamps, colors and distances to create an unique pattern each time.
Before you put away the platform, make sure to stamp a sentiment onto some white cardstock. I like to align my sentiment to the bottom of the cardstock.
Trim the sentiment and adhere onto the card beneath the stamping. And now you have a special one of a kind birthday card for a friend!I love the colors in this card! So festive yet modern. What are your favorite holiday colors? Let me know in the comments below! Happy crafting my friends!
Hello friends! I have been having so much fun with my Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens. They are great for coloring and creating water colored backgrounds. The colors blend beautifully with water using the Nuvo spray bottle and Nuvo water brush.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: White, Purple and blue cardstock, white watercolor cardstock, Ranger Distress Inks, purple silk ribbon, heat tool.
1. Create a 6” x 6” card base from purple cardstock. Die cut a 5 ½” x 5 ½” square with Scalloped Square die set from white watercolor cardstock.
2. To create the water colored background, scribble with Nuvo Aqua Flow pens on glass cutting mat. I used Aqua Splash, Indigo Dawn and Azure Blue Aqua Flow pens. Spray water on top with Nuvo Light Mist Spray Bottle and then apply white watercolor cardstock on top to capture color. Dry wet cardstock with heat tool. Repeat this process several times until colors are darker.
3. Die cut Posy Pillar Strips from white cardstock. Color with Aqua Flow pens as background. Glue to card with Funky Glue Pen. Color inside the die cuts with Aqua Splash pen and Nuvo Water Brush.
4. Mat water colored square with blue cardstock and adhere to card front.
5. Die cut flowers with Apple Blossom die set from white cardstock. Color flowers and leaves with distress inks and dauber. Shape petals with Floral Crafters Tool set, glue layers together and then adhere to card as pictured. Embellish center of flowers with Nuvo Crystal Drops.
6. Create a bow with purple silk ribbon and glue under flower.
Have a great day!!
Giving a handmade card to someone is nice but creating a card with a fancy fold for someone can really show how much they mean to you! Creating an easel card can be fun and easy when using the new Balustrade in Bloom Flip-Flop, Easel & Frame Die set.
- Cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11″ cardstock to 5 1/4 x 10 1/2″. Score it at 5 1/4″. Fold top portion in half to create the easel. Position the die as shown…..you can see that only one side of this die has a cutting blade and the other side just cuts small slits. The cut portion will create the easel effect
- This is what your easel card will look like once you fold it! Now it’s time to decorate the card.
- Using the Woodland Aster die set, create some flowers to decorate the card. After die cutting the flowers, sponge with Victorian Velvet Distress ink and shape the flowers!
Here is a close-up of the flowers………
Here is a look from the side of the Easel Card. These kind of cards are super easy to create when using the Flip-flop, Easel & Frame Die range from Tonic Studios!
Thanks for stopping by today!
We all know a little boy or girl who would love to receive a special card for their birthday personalized with their name. Tonic Studio’s alphabet die sets make personalizing cards so easy and fun to do.
Supplies used to make this card:
Here are the steps to make this cute personalized birthday card:
1. Cut a 6 x 12 piece of watercolor cardstock and fold in half.
2. Attach a 4 ¾” square piece of blue cardstock in the center and emboss both with a happy birthday words embossing folder. Sponge the edges of the card with blue ink.
3. Stamp Henry on cream colored cardstock, and his hair, clothes and shoes on scrap pieces of various cardstock, cut them out and paper piece them together. Stamp the balloon on a patterned paper scrap and cut it out with the matching die. Decorate Henry’s balloon and shirt with Nuvo’s glitter markers.
4. Stamp Heffi the dog on a craft piece of cardstock and cut him out with the matching die. Stamp his hat out of a striped designer paper and cut out. Color the stripes and pom pom on the hat with Nuvo’s glitter markers. Here is a close up look at the fun sparkle the glitter markers added to this card:
5. Cut a strip of purple cardstock 5 ½” x ¾” and attach with pop dots to raise. Punch one inch squares out of watercolor cardstock. Die cut the name of the birthday boy using the Attraction Lower Case Simple Type Set. I chose Evan because he is my super cute grandson and he loves puppies and balloons. Attach the letters to the squares and then attach them to the purple strip.
6. Adhere the little boy with his balloon and the puppy with his hat to the card front. Finish by adding some more sparkle to the background with Nuvo’s gold glitter marker.
The birthday card I am sharing today features a lovely ribbon color customized with Nuvo’s glitter markers, and when the recipient slides off the ribbon, the fan fold pops open to reveal a fun tri-fold stand up celebration card.
Supplies used to make this card:
1. Cut a piece of teal cardstock 5 ¾” by 7” and score on every inch line on the long side.
2. Cut the back piece out of teal cardstock 5 ¾” x 4” and attach it with strong two sided tape to the last folded inch.
3. Cut three white panels 3 7/8” x 1 ¾”. Die cut three Invite Insert banners out of rose cardstock and attach to the white panels with Nuvo Fine Tip Deluxe Adhesive.
4. Stamp “let’s celebrate”, cut out with the banner die and adhere to the Beautiful Banner.
5. Attach the “happy birthday” banner to back panel, “let’s celebrate” to the 1st fold and center the Parquet Trellis banner in the center fold.
6. Dot the intersections of the Parquet Trellis banner with a Nuvo purple glitter marker and then add Sherbert Shimmer Glitter Drops on top for glittery dimension.
7. Cut a back white panel 5 ½” x 3 ¾”, attach die cut “sent with love” with Deluxe Adhesive and adhere to the back of the card for your personal note and signature.
8. Color the edges of the white and gold ribbon with a Nuvo pink glitter marker. The ribbon goes from being a plain white and gold ribbon to a sparkly rose color that matches the card colors beautifully. After it is dry, wrap the ribbon around the closed card and tie in a knot. The ribbon holds the card closed and slides off to display the fan fold stand up card.