I have a friend who’s birthday is July 4th and I always enjoy making a red, white & blue themed card for her every year. So, when I received the Tonic Celebrations Cake die recently, I knew I would use it to make her card this year.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
Other Supplies: Designer cardstock, white cardstock, paper doily, black ink.
1. Create a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” card base from white cardstock.
2. Cut the largest rectangle in Layering Basics – Mixed Edge Rectangles from designer cardstock, adhere to center of card.
3. Cut a coordinating cardstock piece at 4″ x 2-1/4″ and adhere across the lower center part of card front.
4. Cut Celebration Cake die in 3 colors of choice and piece together.
5. Color candle flames with Glitter Markers in Ember Glow.
6. Cut various sizes of Stars and layer.
7. Add accents with Nuvo Crystal Drops.
8. Finish off with a stamped sentiment of choice.
Thanks for stopping by!
I have a fun baby shower card to share using a paper piecing technique to add color and interest to a single layer die.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
- Cut carriage base layer from plain white card stock
- Cut 2nd layer from printed card stock to use in voids
- Cut mirror card stock and trim off canopy
- Glue white carriage to your background
- Glue printed pieces in the voids (like putting together a puzzle)
- Glue mirror pieces on top to resemble the metal pieces of the carriage
- Hand cut additional layers of bows and pop up with foam adhesive
- Accent with Nuvo Crystal Drops for added dimension
I hope you will try this simple technique!
I can’t believe how quickly this year is flying by and St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner!
When I saw Tonic’s Lucky Horseshoe die set I knew that I just had to glitter them.
Most people that know me know I don’t use glitter very often, but I really like the look (and not the mess). So I wanted to share with you a little tip I like to use when adding Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitters to my die cuts.
This will help minimize the glitter mess on your die cutting plates while setting the glitter firmly into the adhesive.
- Cut adhesive foam sheets to size of die for added dimension.
- Peel off backing and cover thoroughly with Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter of choice.
- Place die on top of glittered sheet and sandwich between 2 sheets of wax paper before running through your die cutting machine.
- Choose another die and color of glitter and repeat.
This project had very little mess and with so many beautiful colors of glitter to choose from – this may become a habit!
Masculine cards can sometimes be a little tricky, but these new mandala print stamps are perfect in any color, so you can create your own custom look!
I decided to go with a primary color palette for this card. Coloring is like therapy for me and I try to get some in when I feel stressed. I was so happy to see the new Brush Script Pens with their tiny brush tip to get in all the tiny spots in these designs. But don’t worry if coloring isn’t your thing because they look great stamped in a single color too!
Stamp the image(s) on white cardstock in black ink and then pick your colors to begin coloring.
Die cut your images on heavy white cardstock to create a template for cutting out your colored images.
Line up your colored images behind the template so you can see where your dies will cut and tape in place.
Place your dies in the template on top of your colored images and die cut them.
Save your template for later by placing it in the package with the stamps and dies.
Arranged the sentiment in the center of the card and pop them up with foam adhesive squares for added dimension.
I layered all my pieces and added some Crystal Drops at the bottom.
I can’t wait to do another color scheme — so much fun!!
Giving someone special a little treat just makes me feel good inside — especially if it’s hand made. Tonic’s Tent Gift Bag die is so versatile to use for any occasion, but I thought it would make a great Valentine’s Day treat! You can fill it with candies, jewelry, gift cards, or any other small items. The possibilities are endless!
I started by cutting the complete bag and the accent frame out of kraft cardstock.
Next, I cut the hearts and vellum piece. I usually go ahead and cut several sizes so I can choose the perfect one when assembling.
I set them aside and cut some more embellishments. Again, I just cut several sizes at once.
I ended up cutting these flowers out of the checked pattern and a solid red cardstock for stacking.
I decided on the size that I wanted and started forming the petals with the floral craft tool.
I stacked and glued the pieces together and glued to the center of my die cut heart.
I assembled the bag and glued the edge shut. It was really very easy since all the score lines are there for you. Then I added the elements I had already set aside to dry on the front of my bag.
I filled with some chocolate and held it closed with some red and white twine.
I hope this inspires you to give a little gift from the heart!
I can’t believe that 2017 is almost upon us and I have a great New Years party invitation to share with you that has all the glitz and glamour you would expect for such an event.
Lay the stencil over your cardstock where you want the design for your background.
Spread an ample amount of Glimmer Paste with a palette knife evenly across the stencil.
Lift the stencil to see your design. Let dry and cut to size.
Add die cuts and ribbon on top of your bokeh background for a fun, festive card.
There’s something so elegant about black, white, gold and silver but the bokeh stencil will surely be one of my favorites!
It’s Sheri here spreading some Holiday cheer. Can you believe that Christmas is just right around the corner!? I have already started my holiday cards because I have a very busy couple of months coming up. It’s never too late to start and Tonic Studios has some great Holiday dies to get your creative juices flowing!