I was inspired by spring colors when making this card, particularly green which is the color for new life as in the name of this beautiful cross from Tonic Studios. Green is also my favorite color and the Pantone Color of the Year as shown here:
Supplies needed to make this card:
- New Life Cross Die Set 1276e
- Sunray Scene Die Set 1275e
- Essential Circles Layering Basics Set 1454e
- Nuvo Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops
- Nuvo Lemon Sorbet Embellishment Mousse
- Tonic Christmas Gloss Mirror Card Pack 795E
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen,
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- pop dots
- Mini Mister spray bottle
- Watercolor paper
The subtle yellow background on this card was created with a spray of Lemon Sorbet Embellishment Mousse and water on watercolor paper. I learned how to create this spray in a tip that Heidi Blankenship shared in this Tonic Studios USA blog post. Here is a close up look at the subtle yellow shimmer and the detail of the gorgeous green New Life Cross:
Here are the steps I used to create this card:
- Die cut a circle out of the area which is hidden by the Sunray Window diecut in the yellow background after it dries.
- Adhere the Sunray Window Scene die cut out of blue cardstock to the yellow background with glue, trim and attach to a square green card base.
- Using pop dots for dimension, attach the yellow circle to the middle of the Sunray Window.
- Die cut the delicate floral New Life Cross front out of green mirror card and layer it on a lighter green cross back piece, then attach with pop dots.
- Using Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops, add dotted embellishments to the center of the cross flowers and around the yellow circle.
If you want to make easy and beautiful cards for any season, try any of the Nuvo products and/or Tonic Studios dies we share here on the Tonic Studios USA blog.