Summer weddings will be here before we know it and so today I am sharing how to make a gorgeous layered wedding card with new Tonic Studio dies, stamps and Nuvo products which will be available soon for purchase from your favorite retailer.
Supplies used to make this project:
- Buttercup Sunburst Window Box Die Set 1560e
- First Dance Die Set 70e
- Mixed Edge Rectangles Die Set 1457e
- Entwining Trellis Bellus Buttercup flower die 767e
- Miniature Moments Congratulations 1246e
- Best Friends Forever Whimsical Frames Set 1531e
- Lemon Zest Nuvo Aqua Flow Pen 892n
- Nuvo Gold Glitter Marker from Ember Glow Set
- Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops 673n
- Tonic Glass Cutting Mat 465
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen,
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- Other: cling wrap, pop dots, tissue paper, brad, temporary tape
Here are the directions how to make a layered wedding card like this one:
- Cut a white cardbase 6½” by 10½” and fold in half. Cut three more white pieces of cardstock 6½” by 5¼” and die cut rectangle openings in successive sizes with Tonic Studio’s Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering dies.
- Layer the pieces of white cardstock on the folded cardbase with the smallest rectangle hole first. Attach each with temporary tape to hold in place.
- On a glass mat such as Tonic’s 465 model or a craft mat, mix yellow color from the new Nuvo Lemon Zest Aqua Flow Pen and gold glitter from the Nuvo Gold Glitter Marker to form a golden yellow color. Wrinkle up a piece of cling wrap, pick up some of the golden yellow color and pat it on the 4 layers randomly.
- Take the layers apart and stamp “forever” on the bottom cardbase. Put pop dots on the three layered frames and attach each starting with the smallest rectangle opening to the largest.
- Die cut the First Dance couple and frames out of white and black cardstock. Glue together and attach on the side of the bottom layer.
- Die cut two leafy trellis pieces with the Buttercup Sunburst Window Box Die Set and attach with glue to the bottom and top of the layered cardfront. TIP: Try looking at your die cuts differently then the sample shown on the packaging. These dies are sold to make window box (or bendi fold) cards, but I used them to make the beautiful trellis top and bottom of the card front and also on the inside of the card.
- Cut several sizes of the Bellus Buttercup flowers out of yellow tissue paper. Crinkle the tissue paper for dimension and put a brad through them to hold the flower together. Sponge some gold glitter marker on the edges and color the brad with Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops. Here’s a close up of the golden yellow color created with this combination of the Nuvo products:
8. For the inside of the card, die cut another leafy trellis and color it with the Lemon Zest Aqua Flow Pen. TIP: Adding soft color is so easy using Nuvo’s brand new Aqua Flow Pens. I suggest that you start pushing some color from the aqua pens out onto a glass mat or craft mat, then use the brush to pick up the color and paint on the piece directly. This will help prevent any unwanted blobs of color on your card or project.
9. Die cut the Congratulations sentiment and attach with Nuvo glue.