It’s finally October! That means Halloween and fall decorations are everywhere we look. My house is always decked out with Jack ‘O Lanterns, ghosts and all other things Halloween.
Recently I saw the cutest wood slice pumpkins on Pinterest. I knew I could make that and give it my own spin using some Tonic Studios dies, Nuvo glitters and glues. Here is my Sparkly Jack ‘O Lantern.
- 1798e Jubliant Jubilee Beautiful Bunting Die Set
- 1796e Grand Gala Beautiful Bunting Die Set
- 1432e September Harvest Die set
- 1433e Fallen Leaves Die Set
- 818n Nuvo Persian Red Embellishment Mousse
- 802n Nuvo Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse
- 817n Seaspray Green Embellishment Mousse
- 715n Nuvo Chocolate Pure Sheen Glitter
- 200n Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 138e Tangerine Machine with Plates
- Deco Arts Americana Acrylic Paint – Pumpkin Spice
- wood slice and branch stem – from my yard
- Be Creative Tape Sheet
- White Cardstock
To begin, paint the wood slice using acrylic paint. Since this slice was cut with a chain saw I had to sand it first but if you buy a wood slice I don’t think you will have to do that!
To create the face, I used the smallest die in the Jubilant Jubilee Bunting Set and the banner die from the Grand Gala Bunting Set. I covered some white cardstock with Be Creative tape and die cut with so the adhesive would be on the front of the die.
Once everything was die cut, I removed the release paper and put the die cuts into the glitter. I burnished the glitter into the Be Creative Tape so it would stick really good. Then I used some Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to adhere the eyes, nose and mouth to my pumpkin. This is a really good all-purpose crafty glue. As you can see in the picture, there is a bit of glue peeking out from the mouth of my pumpkin. It’s a good thing the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive dries clear, you won’t see it later! I added some raffia and some leaves that I created for another project. You can see how the leaves were created HERE.
I love my cute my Jack O’Lantern! Thanks for stopping by today!