Hello everyone! Heidi, here today. I just love all of the Halloween dies that Tonic came out with this year! I always think it’s fun to make holiday home decor pieces and I thought it would be fun to make a Halloween canvas.
- What’s Brewing? Miniature Moments Die Set 1858e
- Witchy Bits Halloween Trio Die Set 1820e
- Rococo Petite Wicked Web 1822e
- Spooktacular Coffin Treat Box Die Set 1800e (Spiders)
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Citrus Green 823N
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Gunmetal Grey 815N
- Nuvo Glitter Embossing Powder – Glitter Noir 598N
- Nuvo Glitter Drops Rubby Slippers 752N
- Nuvo Glitter Drops Purple Rain 751N
- Nuvo Glow Drops Banana Split 747N
- Nuvo Glow Drops Apple Sour 748N
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss Ripened Pumpkin 665N
- Nuvo Delux Adhesive 200N
- Nuvo Pen Collection Stormy Greys 319N
- Essentials Easy Clean Mat 1514e
- Tim Holtz – 8″ Guillotine – 160e
- Tim Holtz – 5 inch/ 12.3cm Mini Snips – 816e
- Tangerine Die Cutting Machine with Plates 138e
- 6 x 6 Canvas
- DecoArt® Americana Lamp (Ebony) Black Acrylic Paint
- Ranger Cut-n-Dry™ Foam
- Tim Holtz Regions Beyond Paper Collection
- Cardstock White, Black
- VersaMark Ink Pad
- Foam Tape
- Coffee Filter
- Heat Tool
- Paint Brush
To start, apply black acrylic paint on all sides of the canvas and on the front of the canvas. For the front of the canvas apply the paint on 1/2” all the way around the edges.
Next, take two piece of white cardstock and apply gunmetal grey and citrus green mousse to each paper. Apply two to three layers of the mousse. To apply the mousse I use a piece of cut-n-dry foam. Here’s a little tip — you can keep the cut-n-dry foam in the container with the mousse and it will stay nice and soft for applying the mousse.
Now, take a piece of black cardstock and stamp it with VersaMark ink, direct to paper. Then apply the glitter embossing powder. I like to use a coffee filter for catching the excess powder and it makes it easy to funnel back into the bottle. Use a heat tool to heat set and melt the powders. Easy peasy –you just created your own glitter paper for die cutting.
Here is a look at all of the die cut pieces that will be used on the canvas. The embossed glitter paper was used to cut the webs, spiders, broom, and parts of the cauldron. It’s not shown in the pictures but I also kept the insert pieces for the broom. I used the paper with the mousse to die cut the cauldron and the green “stuff” brewing.
I used the deluxe adhesive to apply the pattern paper for the background of the canvas and all of the die cuts. If you haven’t tried this adhesive I encourage you to give it a try because it is fantastic!
How fun are these Nuvo drops? I added several colors of the drops to the cauldron and above it to look like bubble. I also added the ruby slipper drops to each of the spiders.
Here is a close up of one of the webs with a spider. I love all of the sparkle from the embossed glitter paper!
Here is another close up of the cauldron with the “bubbles”. Foam tape was added to the back of the cauldron and the spiders for some added dimension.
Here is a close up so you can see some of the glow drops in action.
Here is another look at the finished canvas.
This what’s brewing canvas was so fun to make and it’s a great addition to my Halloween home decor pieces. You can see more of my design work on my blog, Embellished Dreams. Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Happy Crafting and Happy Halloween!