Now that Fall is in the air, I thought it would be a good time to create some fall-themed thank you cards using the September Harvest and Fallen Leaves dies and my favorite colors of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
- 1432e September Harvest Die set
- 1433e Fallen Leaves Die Set
- 818n Nuvo Persian Red Embellishment Mousse
- 802n Nuvo Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse
- 817n Seaspray Green Embellishment Mousse
- 1707e Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Tim Holtz – 8″ Guillotine – 160E
- Tim Holtz – 5 inch/ 12.3cm Mini Snips – 816
- Tangerine Machine with Plates
- 1558e Essential Mini Blender Brush Set
- 200n Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kraft & White cardstock
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- WPlus9 Hand-lettered Thanks Stamp set
To begin, cut the base of the cards from Kraft cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11. Score and fold in half. To help create a stash of cards, I create two cards everytime I create. That way you can use one now and save one for another day! Cut 2 pieces of kraft cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4″ for the card fronts.
Die cut leaves from the Fallen Leaves and September Leaves die sets from white cardstock. I left the detail portion of these die out for this project.
Once the leaves are die cut, use either your fingers or the mini blenders brushes to apply the embellishment mousse. I used my fingers because I wanted a thicker coat of the mousse on my leaves.
Now it is time to get out your stamp platform!
Line up the stamps right where you want them on the card front. I am using a clear set of stamps so I turned my stamp platform to the clear side.
I stamped once but felt like the sentiment could be darker so I inked up the stamps and stamped it again. That is the beauty of the stamp platform!
Here are my two card fronts. I then wrapped the twine around my card three times and adhered the leaves into place. Once the card front was adhered to the base, these cards were complete!
I think one of these cards is headed to a teacher at my daughter’s school. This teacher has really helped my daughter and deserves alittle thanks!
Glad you stopped by today!