I can’t believe that it is August and that it is almost time to send the kids back to school! It feels like summer just flew by. With school starting in only a few weeks, it is time to start thinking about gifts and cards for the teachers. I decided to create a fun card that we can drop a gift card into to help with any additional supplies that the teacher might need.
Here’s what you will need:
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens in Spring Meadow
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens in Summer Holiday
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens in Winter Skies
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Water Brushes
- Tonic Glass Mat
- Nuvo Glacier White Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Embossing Powder – Silver Moonlight – Glitter
- Nuvo Ink Pad – Clear
- Nuvo Jewel Drops – Key Lime
- Nuvo Jewel Drops – Sea Breeze
- Tonic Super Trimmer
- Tonic Scissors
- Stamps, foam dots, twine, tape, watercolor paper, cardstock, heat gun, baker’s twine or string, small paint brush, stamp block (optional), paper towels
Here’s how to put it all together:
Take a piece of the watercolor paper and stamp your image onto it with the clear ink.
Add embossing powder and then shake off the excess. If there is any left over, you can use a small brush to carefully brush it away. Heat set it when you are done.
Using your Nuvo Aqua Flow pens, add color to the image where you want. To lighten it in areas, use the water brush with water after it initially dries. Dab it with a paper towel and some of the color will be removed and it will be a lighter image.
Once the main image is dry, put 1-2 drops of Aqua Flow background colors onto the glass mat with some water. Using the water brush, lightly add the softened colors to create your background. Allow this to dry completely.
Stamp your sentiment, sprinkle with silver embossing powder, and heat set.
Trim down the image to a square that will fit on the front of your card base with some room around it.
Take your card base and tape down some baker’s twine to create a loopy decoration.
Add pop dots to your stamped piece and add it over the twine.
Add Nuvo drops and allow them to dry.
All that is left to do is add your gift card and a note to the teacher and you are all set!