Hello everyone! Heidi here today. Have you seen the beautiful mandala garden stones that are very trendy right now? I think they are so beautiful and the intricate designs are amazing. I wanted to create a card that would resemble the look of the mandala garden stones. The Nuvo Crystal Drops are perfect for creating the little dots of paint.
Here is what you will need to create your card:
- Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Carnation Pink
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Ripened Pumpkin
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Dandelion Yellow
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Apple Green
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Caribbean Ocean
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Crushed Grape
- Nuvo Glitter Embossing Powder – Silver Moonlight
- Tim Holtz – 5 Inch Mini Snips
- Tim Holtz – 8” Comfort Guillotine/Trimmer
- Simon Says Stamp – Thoughtful Messages Clear Stamp Set
- Simon Says Stamp – Circular Lace 6 x 6 Stencil
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
- Black Cardstock
- Palette Knife
- VersaMark Ink
- Heat Tool
- Foam Squares
- Craft Foam
- Low-tack Tape
To start, place the stencil on top of the mixed media paper. You can use a low-tack tape to hold the stencil in place. Then, use a palette knife to apply the Nuvo Mousse Pure Platinum. Remove the stencil and set paper aside to dry. Wash the palette knife and the stencil right away.
Next, apply the Nuvo Crystal Drops. To create a rainbow pattern use the Nuvo Crystal Drops in this order Gloss – Carnation Pink, Gloss – Ripened Pumpkin, Gloss – Dandelion Yellow, Gloss – Apple Green, Gloss – Caribbean Ocean, and Gloss – Crushed Grape. Start in the center and work your way out to the edge of the design. Then set aside to dry. Applying light pressure to the bottles will create smaller drops and a little heavier pressure will create the larger drops. If you need to, practice making different size drops on a piece of scratch paper.
Here is a close up to see the dimension from the mousse and drops.
The sentiment was stamped onto black cardstock using VersaMark ink. Then add Nuvo Glitter Embossing Powder – Silver Moonlight and use a heat tool to melt and heat set the powder. Fussy cut the banner ends of the paper using the Tim Holtz – 5 Inch Mini Snips. To add some dimension to the sentiments add foam squares to the back and then add to the card front.
To finish off the card add scor-tape to both sides of a piece of white craft foam. Adhere the card front to the craft foam. Then adhere the card front to a black A2 top folding card base.
I hope you enjoyed today’s card. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!