I love simple and bright cards in the summer. There is something about the summer colors that just make me smile and I love it when I have the opportunity to share that smile with someone that I care about.
This card is a simple way to do just that and it is a snap to create so it is the perfect balance of handmade and time-saving, married with the flair of summer.
Here’s what you will need to create your card:
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
- Tim Holtz Mini Snips
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Autumn Woodland
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Spring Meadow
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Summer Holiday
- Nuvo Aqua Flow Pens – Winter Skies
- Nuvo Pen Collection – Rich Reds
- Nuvo Pen Collection – Woodland Greens
- Tonic Bunched Bouquet – Modern Buttonhole Stamps
- Tonic Mixed Rectangle Die Set
- Tonic Tangerine
- 4″ x 6″ watercolor paper
- Glue Dots
- Xyron adhesive
- kraft cardstock
- Heat gun
- Yellow glitter thickers
Directions for putting it together:
1.Trim your kraft cardstock to 8.5″ x 5.5″ and fold it in half. Use it to find two dies that will fit the way you like – one plain and one scalloped, with the scalloped one being smaller.
2. Cut one of each out of the watercolor paper.
3. Using a variety of colors of your aqua flow markers, begin adding color to the plain edged larger piece. Dry between each layer.
4. Using a third piece of watercolor paper, begin to create your flowers. Start with the plain flower bases. Apply these stamps to the stamp platform. Use the Aqua Flow pens to add color. You might need to stamp it 2-3 times to get the color you are looking for. Dry completely.
5. Take the corresponding detailed stamp and use the alcohol markers to add the details. Again you might need to stamp it 2-3 times.
6. Using your snips, cut out your flower and petal shapes. Run them through the Xyron.
7. Adhere the desired flowers to the scalloped watercolor card.
8. Add some subtle additional color to the cards by dripping on some of the Aqua Flow colors by tapping the pen against a finger.
9. Add your ‘Hi” sentiment with your stickers.
10. Use pop dots to add the layers together on the card.
Now you just need to grab an envelope, address it to the intended recipient and you are all set to go!