I love the red, green and gold mirror card in Tonic’s Christmas Gloss Mirror Card Pack, but those colors are traditionally used mainly for Christmas cards, right? Since my favorite color of rose is red and the leaves are green, I decided to use the traditional Christmas colors for a summer floral shaker card I am sharing today.
Supplies used to make this card:
- Bunched Roses Die 077e
- Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Basics Die Set 1458e
- Whimsical Frames Hello Sweetie Pie (hello stamp) 1530e
- Whimsical Frames Best Friends Forever (butterfly die) 1531e
- Layered Leaves Embossing Folder 1442e
- Christmas Gloss Mirror Card Pack 795e
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive 200n
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine 147e
- Tonic V-Blade Trimmer 159e
- Tim Holtz Titanium Mini-Snips 816e
Other: gold floral sequins, Recollections Chunky Glitter Glitz and Multi-Colored, off white tulle, green sparkly and speckled off white cardstock, glue dots, Sookang two sided tape and mounting tape
Here are the steps to make this floral hello shaker card:
1. Die cut the bunched roses out of red mirror card and cut the flowers apart.
2. Die cut the bunched roses out of green mirror card, then run through the Tangerine machine with the embossing plate and rubber to emboss. Glue the red roses onto the green roses.
3. Die cut a red, green and gold butterfly out of mirror card, then emboss them in Tonic’s Layered Leaves Embossing Folder.
4. Cut a 5 ½” square card base out of speckled cream cardstock and a 5 ¼” square sparkly green card front. Attach the green card front with temporary tape and cut a scalloped diamond out of both.
5. Attach tulle to the back of the card front with very strong two sided tape. Dump gold floral sequins and multi-colored and clear chunky glitter in the center of the tulle and seal them in with more strong two sided tape. Attach the green card front with the tulle shaker window to the front of the card lining up the diamond openings.
6. Stamp hello in the inside and attach two gold floral sequins where they can be seen through the tulle window.
7. Create and attach a gold mirror card scalloped diamond frame with two dies from the Mixed Edge Diamond Layering Basics Set and attach around the diamond shaker window. Attach the red and green rose and the butterflies to the front of the card.
TIP: If you want your die cut butterflies to look like they are flying after going through the mail to your recipient, I suggest attaching the center with a strong glue dot and attaching the wings with small strips of mounting tape so they stay up even after mailing. For attaching delicate detailed dies like the Bunched Roses and also the gold diamond frame on my card, I highly recommend Nuvo’s Deluxe Adhesive Glue. The fine tip makes applying the glue so easy, it dries clear and holds perfectly.
The tulle holds the shaker sequins in a see through window. Here is a look at the card with the shaker pieces all shook up: