We all know a little boy or girl who would love to receive a special card for their birthday personalized with their name. Tonic Studio’s alphabet die sets make personalizing cards so easy and fun to do.
Supplies used to make this card:
- Tonic Studios Attraction Lower Case Simple Type Die Set 1681e
- Tonic Studios Henry and Heffi Stamp Set
- Tonic Studios Marmalade’s World Die and Stamp Sets 2,3, & 5
- Gold, Blues, Orange & Green Nuvo Glitter Markers
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive 200n
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine 147e
- Tonic V-Blade Trimmer 159e
- Tim Holtz Titanium Mini-Snips 816e
- Other: ek success one inch square punch, Embossalicious Happy Birthday Embossing Folder, Momenta Watercolor Cardstock, Faded Jeans Distress Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, pop dots
Here are the steps to make this cute personalized birthday card:
1. Cut a 6 x 12 piece of watercolor cardstock and fold in half.
2. Attach a 4 ¾” square piece of blue cardstock in the center and emboss both with a happy birthday words embossing folder. Sponge the edges of the card with blue ink.
3. Stamp Henry on cream colored cardstock, and his hair, clothes and shoes on scrap pieces of various cardstock, cut them out and paper piece them together. Stamp the balloon on a patterned paper scrap and cut it out with the matching die. Decorate Henry’s balloon and shirt with Nuvo’s glitter markers.
4. Stamp Heffi the dog on a craft piece of cardstock and cut him out with the matching die. Stamp his hat out of a striped designer paper and cut out. Color the stripes and pom pom on the hat with Nuvo’s glitter markers. Here is a close up look at the fun sparkle the glitter markers added to this card:
5. Cut a strip of purple cardstock 5 ½” x ¾” and attach with pop dots to raise. Punch one inch squares out of watercolor cardstock. Die cut the name of the birthday boy using the Attraction Lower Case Simple Type Set. I chose Evan because he is my super cute grandson and he loves puppies and balloons. Attach the letters to the squares and then attach them to the purple strip.
6. Adhere the little boy with his balloon and the puppy with his hat to the card front. Finish by adding some more sparkle to the background with Nuvo’s gold glitter marker.