Today I am sharing another sneak peek at some brand new Tonic and Nuvo products and an interactive card design called a double slider card. I made this double slider card featuring Harry Hedgehog for my grandson.
Supplies I used to make this project:
- Harry Hedgehog 1590e
- Awesome, Cool & Sweet Miniature Moments Die Set 1240e
- Swirl stamp from Sending Big Hugs Whimsical Frames Set 1532e
- Nuvo Glitter Markers Orange and Green
- Tonic Glass Cutting Mat 465
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen,
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- Other: patterned paper, plastic bag cut in strips, ribbon, stapler, circle punch, strong two sided tape, mounting tape
Here are the steps I used to create this double slider spring card:
- For the specifics on how to make a double slider card, please refer to the tutorial I found here. After cutting the pieces according to the tutorial, attach the patterned paper piece to the front of the card. Die cut Harry Hedgehog’s pieces out of various colors of cardstock and patterned pieces. Glue him together and use mounting tape to some parts for dimension.
2. A strip of plastic grocery bag is attached per the tutorial and that is what causes the top and bottom pieces of the double slider to open when the ribbon is pulled.
3. Print the words of the spring greeting on yellow paper. Die cut “Awesome” from the Awesome, Cool and Sweet die set and attach.
4. Stamp the swirl from the new Sending Big Hugs Whimsical Frame Set and highlight the swirls and “Awesome” with the new super sparkly Nuvo orange and green Glitter Markers.
5. Attach the yellow sentiment pieces to the top and bottom sliders.
6. Punch a semi-circle in the top of the slider front and staple on a ribbon. The ribbon will be pulled over and over by the delighted recipient as Harry Hedgehog wishes him a Happy Spring. I made mine for my grandson and he loved it.
Happy Spring everyone!