Hello crafters! It’s Smitha here with a fun Mixed Media technique. I am creating a smaller mixed media panel in some fun spring colors today!
- Tim Holtz Mini Snips 5 inch
- Tim Holtz Shears 9.5 inch
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Simply White
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss- English Mustard
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Bubblegum
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss- Ebony Black
- Nuvo Gilding Flakes- Sunkissed Copper
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Aquamarine
- Essential Stencils- Bevelled Diamonds
- Layering Butterfly die set
- Tangerine Machine with plates
I started by trimming my paper down to a smaller size. I am using watercolor paper today, because I plan to add lots of layers to this Mixed Media panel and I don’t want any warping. Then using the Tim Holtz snips I cut down strips of old book papers and patterned papers, glued them onto the panel.
To add some pops of color I added Nuvo Crystal drops in few areas and then smushed it around with a brush (or you can use your fingers too!)
This is a fun way to bring color to your Mixed Media pages.
For the next layer, I stamped a pretty flower with glue and then added the gilding flakes on top. To burnish in the gilding flakes I used a nice bristled brush.
Now it’s time to add some dimension! I love the Nuvo Embellishment mousse- they go on so easily and dry super quick! I layered them onto the page with a pretty stencil.
To make things springy, I added some die cut butterflies. I like to add the negative space in areas, cut some butterflies in half in areas- just to add some interest.
I finished off my panels with a few Nuvo Crystal Drop accents. These were lots of fun to make and turned out pretty cool. And they are small enough that I can add them to a card front even. Let me know in the comments below if you thing these panels are fun to make!
Thanks for spending some crafting time with me today friends!