Today I am sharing a sneak peek at some brand new Tonic and Nuvo products and a new fun fold card design. I love card designs that allow me to be creative on many canvases like this design I found here.
Supplies I used to make this project:
- Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Die Set 164e
- Best Friends Forever Whimsical Frames Set 1531e
- Delicate Detail Floral Tag Stamp 1337e
- Rose Garden Invite Insert Set 1505e
- Bunched Bouquet Modern Buttonhole Set 1362e
- Fluttered Fence Die & Embossing Folder Set 1518e
- Jet Black Embossing Powder 604n
- Nuvo Carnation Pink and Crushed Grape Crystal Drops
- Soft Rose, Red Apple, Fresh Green and Indigo Nuvo Aqua Flow Watercolor Pens
- Northern Lights Glitter Markers pink and purple
- Tonic Glass Cutting Mat 465
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen,
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- Versamark, pink, purple and green inks, purple, pink and white cardstock, floral designer paper
- Heat gun
- Die cut the purple cardbase according to the instructions in this tutorial. Next cut a pink layer 2 ½” x 4” and die cut Tonic’s new Rose Garden Invite Insert Die in the center of that piece. Adhere that to the front of the purple cardbase and add some pretty butterflies die cut out of a floral designer paper with the little butterfly die from the Best Friends Forever Whimsical Frames Set. Attach the butterflies with glue dots and add a pink crystal drop embellishment on each.
2. The second fold has a pink piece of cardstock embossed with the beautiful Fluttered Fence Embossing Folder and embellished with Grape Crystal Drops.
3. For the third canvas, stamp the brand new Delicate Detail Floral Tag Stamp with Versamark ink, heat set it with Nuvo’s Jet Black Embossing Powder, and stamp “Best Friends” from the Best Friends Forever set in the tag. The flowers and leaves were colored with the brand new Nuvo Aqua Flow Brush Tip Watercolour Pens.
TIP: I discovered that the watercolor stays better inside embossed lines so I suggest heat embossing with Nuvo’s embossing powders if you are coloring a stamped image. Also it is best to push some color out of the watercolour pens onto a work surface such as Tonic’s Glass Cutting Mat and pick up the color there with the brush. If you push color out directly onto your cardstock, you may end up with am unwanted blob of color. You can also mix colors on the glass mat as I did for the pink/red flower. The Blush was a bit too light so I mixed in some Red Apple.
4. The fourth panel was stamped with several layers of flowers and leaves from the brand new Bunched Bouquet Modern Buttonhole Stamp Set. The embossing folder that was used on the second panel has a matching die that features some beautiful butterflies. After die cutting the large die, cut a couple of the butterflies out and decorate them with more brand new Nuvo goodies- the Nuvo Glitter Markers in the Northern Lights set. It is hard to capture the sparkle of the glitter markers but they totally shimmer in real life. Finish the butterfly with some pink crystal drops.
5. On the last panel, attach another butterfly made with the Fluttered Fence die, glitter markers and crystal drops, and a die cut Happy Birthday wish from Tonic’s Happy Birthday Pansy Topper Die Set.
Each fold of this fun card full of butterflies and flowers and birthday wishes will surely delight the birthday girl on her special day. The new Tonic and Nuvo products used on this card will be available soon on line and in local stores.