Hello friends! I know it’s just a little early to be working on Mother’s Day cards, but with the winter weather rearing it’s ugly head, I thought it would help my spring fever to create a spring-type card!
Tonic Studios Brush Script pens work great to watercolor images using a water pen and some watercolor paper. To use these markers with the water pen, it works really great to color them onto a palette of some kind. Here they are colored onto an acrylic block.
- Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basics Die Set
- Eastern Oyster Layering Basics Die Set
- Nuvo Brush Script Pens – 129, 130, 138
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze
- Tim Holtz 5″ Snips
- Tim Holtz 8″ Comfort Grip Trimmer
- Tangerine Die Cutting Machine with plates
- Funky Glue Pen
- Another Name For Love Stamp set – Unity Stamp Co.
- Jet Black Staz-on Ink Pad
- Water Pen
- Kraft & Flirty Flamingo Cardstock
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper
- 3d foam squares
By mixing the green and yellow colors together, you can achieve different shades of green for the image.
After coloring the leaves, use the coral color directly onto the paper and then go back in using the water pen to blend the darker color into a lighter color.
By stamping the flower image onto the 4 corners of watercolor paper, you can create your own patterned paper for this card. Once the image panels are dry, you can use the Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Basics Die set to die cut them to the perfect sizes.
Adding Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the flower image adds some dimension and shine.
Here is a closer look……
Thanks for stopping by today!