I was thinking about Easter decorations recently, and I decided candy gift boxes made with Tonic Studio’s Multi-Sided Lantern Box would be perfect on my holiday table. The die and the many versatile Nuvo products made this table favor easy and fun to make.
Supplies needed to make this project:
- Multi Sided Lantern Box Die Set 625e
- Mixed Edge Oval Set 1456e
- Perfect Posies Corner Die Set 1220e
- Modern Chevron Embossing Folder 1440e
- Bevelled Diamond 6×6 Stencil 1476e
- Tanzanite Lavender Glimmer Paste 959e
- Peony Pink (800n) & Spring Green (808n) Embellishment Mousse
- Nuvo Dandelion Yellow & Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops
- Nuvo Key Lime & Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops
- Nuvo Paradise Blue Sparkle Dust Glitter
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen,
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- candy, Easter grass, ribbon
- Sookang 2 sided tape sheets and tape rolls
- Distress tool and sponges, stencil knife
- Teal blue heavyweight cardstock, white scraps
Here are the steps I used to create this Easter table favor:
- Die cut 5 lantern side pieces and one bottom piece out of teal blue heavyweight cardstock
- Die cut a round window in two of the side pieces and all the top triangle pieces.
- Fold on all scored lines and apply two sided tape to one side fold and the bottom fold of each piece. Form the box attaching the sides together and then each side to the bottom.
- Die cut three white ovals for Easter eggs. Emboss the first with the Modern Chevron Embossing Folder. Apply Peony Pink and Spring Green Embellishment Mousse with a Tim Holtz Distress Tool and sponges to color the Easter egg. Embellish with Key Lime and Strawberry Coulis Jewel Drops and let dry. Adhere to the box on one of the uncut sides.
- Apply Tanzanite Lavender Glimmer Paste through Tonic’s Bevelled Diamond Stencil on the second Easter egg with a stencil knife. Remove the stencil, wash thoroughly and let the glimmer paste dry. Embellish with Violet Galaxy Crystal Drops. Adhere to the box.
- Die cut the Perfect Posies Corner Die out of a sheet of Sookang two sided tape. Remove the bottom adhesive and adhere to the third Easter egg. Remove the top adhesive and dump on Paradise Blue Sparkle Dust ultra-fine glitter and burnish in. Adhere the last egg to the Easter box and add some Dandelion Yellow Crystal Drops to embellish.
- Put some Easter grass and lots of Easter candy inside the box. Tie a ribbon through the top triangular tabs to close the Easter table candy gift box.
I think my family will love opening and enjoying these Easter table favors on Easter Sunday. I had fun making this one and am off to make some more.