One of the more favorite holidays around our house is St. Patrick’s Day. We usually all get together and I cook up a big dinner of Corned Beef & Cabbage with all the side dishes. I think we probably just like the excuse of being together so that’s ok!
Every year, I always search for something green to wear. Green is just not my favorite color for clothing. So I had a piece of green felt that I found in my stash and I decided that a Shamrock pin would be the thing to make.
To create this project you will need:
- Layering Basics – Traditional Heart
- Layering Basics – Scalloped Circles
- Layering Basics – Circles
- Sew Pretty – Pinhole Nesting Layering Circle Die Set
- Glitter Drops – Sunlit Meadow
- Tangerine Machine with Plates
- Funky Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz – 8″ Comfort Guillotine/trimmer
- Tim Holtz – 5″ Mini Snips
- Black & White Cardstock
- Green felt
- adhesive pin back
This project is very simple! Here is how it’s made!
- Die cut the black cardstock using the scalloped circles die.
- Die cut the white cardstock using the circles die plus use the pinhole layering basics die to add interest around the edges of the die cut.
- Adhere the white and black circle together and add an adhesive pin back
- Die cut green felt using the Tangerine Machine and the smallest die in the Traditional Hearts die set.
- Use the 5″ snips to cut a small stem for your shamrock
- Using the funky glue, glue the hearts and stem into place onto the pin.
- Using the computer and a printer, print out the sentiment onto white cardstock.
- Trim the sentiment using the 8″ trimmer and cut end in a banner.
- Adhere to pin back
- Add Nuvo Sunlit Meadows Glitter Drops around the outside of each heart.
- Wear the pin for St. Patrick’s Day and enjoy all the kisses!!
Thanks for stopping by today!