I love this picture of my two sweet grandsons and decided to make my own personalized picture frame with my Nuvo products and Tonic Studios dies.
- Squares Layering Basics Die Set 1452e
- Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Die Set 1457e
- Duo Caps Initials Die Sets 1121e and 1122e
- Mandala Moments Love Stamp & Die Set 1542e
- Fancy Fretwork Stencil 1479e
- Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse 800n
- Mini Blender Brush 1558e
- Black Diamond Glimmer Paste 952e
- Crimson Gloss Embossing Powder 611n
- Tonic Tangerine Die Machine
- Tonic Advantage V Blade Trimmer
- Tonic Funky Glue Pen
- Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen
- Tim Holtz 5 Inch Titanium Snip Scissors
- Craft Knife
- Mounting Tape
- Versamark watermark stamp pad
I started with pieces of chipboard and black cardstock that I cut to 8 ½ inches by 7 inches. I die cut a rectangle out of the center of each of them using the largest of the Mixed Edge Rectangle Layering Dies. I brushed Fresh Copper Embellishment Mousse all over the black cardstock frame with a mini-blender brush and love the antique look that resulted. Then I applied Black Diamond Glimmer Paste through Tonic’s Fancy Fretwork Stencil on a white strip of cardstock and let that dry. I glued the dried copper frame and black and white strip to the chipboard frame with Tonic’s Funky Glue.
TI P- Embellishment mousse does not take as long as traditional stencil paste to dry, but does require about a half an hour to an hour to be completely dry. Be sure to clean off your stencils and any utensils you use with embellishment mouse immediately after finishing to prevent the mousse from hardening on them.
I stamped and heat embossed the Love Mandala Moment stamp and then cut it out with the matching die. I attached “love” to the picture frame with mounting tape for added dimension. Here is a close up showing the copper mousse, and the dimension and shine of the black glimmer paste and the embossed “love”.
I die cut my grandsons’ names out of Tonic’s Duo Caps sets and attached them at different angles to black squares cut out with Tonic Studio’s Basic Squares Layering Sets. I love my cute grandsons and am proud to show this picture frame that I made with Nuvo and Tonic Studio products in my home.