Making paper flowers is the one of the best ways to spend a crafty afternoon. And to display all of those flowers I am making a pretty spring wreath today.
Supplies you will need:
- Tangerine Machine with Plates
- Essentials Mandala Moments
- Autumn Die Collection- Fallen leaves
- Autumn Die Collection- Autumnal Oak
- Floral Craft tool set
- Build a wreath – 3 ring greyboard
- Nuvo Crystal Drops- English Mustard
- Nuvo Crystal Drops- Bubblegum
- Nuvo Crystal Drops- Apple Green
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss- Carnation Pink
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Collection – Gloss Simply White
To create the flowers, I die cut different sized scalloped circles using the Mandala moments die set. These layer beautifully to make simple flowers.
Now to add dimensions to these flowers, I used the Craft Tool set. Simply press the bulb of the stylus onto the paper and curl it to form a curved shape. When layered, this adds depth and dimension to an otherwise flat flower.
For the leaves, I die cut a bunch of different leaves in greens and whimsical blues. I actually used Autumnal Oak and Fallen leaves dies here , but they totally work for a spring wreath as well!
I added felt to the centers of each flower for some texture and then went ahead and started arranging the flowers onto a greyboard wreath form. I like to layer the leaves under the flowers and the more layers you add, the richer and full your wreath look.
I added a ribbon on top to hang the wreath after I had all of my flowers. To finish off the wreath I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in various spring colors to add more tiny details to the centres of each flower.
And the finished Spring wreath is ready to decorate your front door!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial today and are inspired to create something of your own. Happy Crafting my friends!