I love to create Valentine’s Day cards and the Tonic Traditional Hearts Layering Basics die set is perfect for this special occasion.
Tonic Studios Supplies:
- Traditional Hearts Layering Basics Die Set – 1459E
- Square Layering Die Set – 480E
- Entwining Trellis – Radiant Roselily Die Set – 770E
- Rococo Petites Acorn Swirl Die – 178E
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Cosmic Brown – 810N
- Nuvo Crystal Drops – Ivory Seashell – 675N
- Nuvo Glitter Drops – White Blizzard – 758N
- A4 Embossing Folder – Annabel – 519E
- Floral Crafters Tool Set – 380-266E
- Funky Glue Pen – 421E
- Funky Tape Runner – 422E
- Tim Holtz – 5 Inch Mini Snips – 816E
- Tim Holtz Titanium Shear 9.5” – 819-107E
- Tim Holtz – 8” Comfort Guillotine/Trimmer – 160E
- Tim Holtz Retractable Craft Pick – 372-256E
- Tangerine Machine and Bag Set – 147E
Other Supplies: Blue Fern Studios – Frolic Paper Collection, silk ribbon, foam tape.
1.To create this card, I started by cutting a 5 ½” x 5 ½” card base from natural white cardstock. I covered the front of the card base with designer cardstock and then I die cut a smaller panel which was adhered to card front with foam tape. I used Square Layering die set to cut these front square panels.
2. I die cut several hearts using Traditional Hearts Layering Basics die set from designer cardstock.
3. I embossed the hearts with Annabel embossing folder and then applied Nuvo Embellishment Mousse on the raised areas with a sponge dauber. I layered the hearts on card front using foam tape and Funky Tape Runner.
4. Next, I die cut multiple flowers from designer cardstock using Radiant Roselily die set. I shaped the flowers with Floral Crafters tool set and then layered the petals to form flowers. I used Acorn swirl die to cut the leaves. I glued the flowers and leaves on the card using Funky Glue Pen.
5. I used Nuvo Glitter Drops and a brush to add some glitter to flowers and leaves. For the center of the flowers I used Nuvo Crystal Drops.
6. For the bow, I used silk ribbon and adhered under flower with Funky Glue Pen.
Happy New Year!!!