Hello friends! Debbie Seyer here today to share with you a 12 x 12″ mixed media scrapbook layout using some really fun Tonic products. I love to scrapbook and usually I create layouts that are perfect for my scrapbooks. You know what I mean…not too many embellishments and more than one picture. But sometimes, I find pictures that really inspire me to make a more mixed media layout that can be used as a wall hanging or displayed on a desk before putting it into that scrapbook. Today that is what I created using some Tonic Nuvo Embellishments Mousse – Mother of Pearl, Nuvo Glitter Drops – White Blizzard and Tonic Filigree Flourish Die Set. Here is my layout….
The pictures I used were taken of a friend of my daughter’s. They have been friends since first grade and she is a wonderful girl! To start my layout, I decided where I wanted my pictures and added some ink around them. Then using a doily stencil I added some Nuvo Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse. I added that at the top right corner and bottom left corner. It didn’t take long to dry but I die cut some filigrees from the Filigree Flourish die set. After inking my filigrees, I added those to the opposite corners of my layout. Here are a few close-ups.
This is a closer look at my doily stenciled Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse. Plus you can see the Nuvo Glitter – White Pearl drops. I love that the glitter is self-leveling so it looks like perfect little drops on my layout. You can see that I used my Tonic Tim Holtz Paper Distresser tool on alot of the edges of my papers, including the layers under my pictures.
Here is another close up of the Mother of Pearl Embellishment Mousse and Nuvo Glitter- White Pearl Drops. I used the Funky Glue Pen to adhere all of the elements of my layout together. The Funky Glue Pen works great on paper (doesn’t buckle) plus all the big embellishments like the chipboard and the butterflies. The tip doesn’t clog either which is a big plus for me!
Here are the supplies I used for this layout:
- Dies – Tonic Studios – #1120 Filigree Flourish Die Set
- Tools – Tonic Studios™ Tangerine die cutting and embossing machine, #259E Tim Holtz Thread Cutter/Paper Distresser, #153E Super Trimmer
- Adhesives – Tonic Studios – #421E Funky Glue Pen; foam squares/tape
- Paper – 2 pieces of 12 x 12 patterned paper (UHK Gallery – Wet Paint and Galeria Papieru – Watermelon); Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
- Chipboard – “cherish” sentiment and decor pieces
- Misc.- Prima flowers & stencil, LemonCraft buttons, butterflies, cheesecloth, Shimmerz paints – Ruby Lost Her Slipper & Strawberry Fields
- Texture – Nuvo Embellishments Mousse – Mother of Pearl; Nuvo Glitter Drops – White Blizzard
- To begin, cut out the middle portion of the darker paper leaving a 1.5″ border using the #153 Super Trimmer. This will leave you with a square of darker paper to mat your photos with later. Cut a lighter colored patterned paper to 11.5″ square. Add the tissue tape in random spots. Use the Tim Holtz Paper Distresser to distress all edges.
- Mat the photos with the darker patterned paper and use the Funky Glue pen to adhere the photos to the mats. Using some shimmery paints, highlight the areas around the photos. Allow to dry. Die cut the Filigree Flourish dies from the darker paper and paint with shimmery paint.
- Using a doily stencil and a pallette knife, apply Nuvo Embellishment Mousse – Mother of Pearl in the upper right hand corner and the lower left hand corner of the layout.
- Once the paint and mousse is dry, add all the elements to your page. The photos with the layering mats, the cheesecloth and flowers, the chipboard, butterflies and sentiment chipboard and Filigree Flourish die cuts using the Funky Glue Pen.
- Add the Nuvo Glitter Drops – White Blizzard in the upper right hand corner and the lower left hand corner to complete the layout.
Thanks for stopping by today!